Mission & strategic objectives
As the leading exchange group in Central and Eastern Europe, it is our primary objective to
- advance and
- internationally position
the capital markets of our member exchanges. To attract international attention for the member exchanges of the CEE Stock Exchange Group and to raise liquidity in the four markets, CEESEG eases market access and trading on the local markets.
Short, medium and long-term measures
We have developed a number of short, medium and long-term goals and measures from our mission and strategic objectives. Listed companies, trading members, institutional investors, data vendors and index licensees all stand to benefit from our joint activities at the international level.
After a dynamic start in 2009 and some first short-term projects realized (see below), we are now working on the implementation of several medium to long-term projects.
Short-term measures to garner more attention from international market participants:
- Introduction of new products, e.g., indices, structured products:
- Two joint indices – the CEETX and the CEESEG Composite Index – were launched on 17 September 2009, the official starting date of the CEE Stock Exchange Group.
- The CEETX Fundamental was launched in June 2010.
- In September 2011, four CEESEG Sector Indices and three CEESEG Top Dividend Indices were launched.
- Joint international index licensing activities for all four stock exchanges of CEESEG
- Joint marketing activities, e.g., road shows: Already, the companies listed on the four stock exchanges started to present themselves to an international audience of investors at all major financial centers of the world.
- Common international data vending: This project was completed in March 2010.
Medium-term measures to increase liquidity:
- Implementation of Xetra® as a common trading system across the Group. Xetra® has already been
in use on the Vienna Stock Exchange since 1999.
- It went live on the Ljubljana Stock Exchange on 6 December 2010.
- Prague Stock Exchange launched trading in the Xetra® system on 30 November 2012 and
- Budapest will follow with the changeover.
- In accordance with the implementation plan of Xetra®, we are also working on cross membership
of national and international trading members. This involves the
- harmonization of all relevant membership contracts and the
- standardization of all trading rules (as legally possible).
Long-term harmonization measures:
- Harmonization of clearing and settlement processes: A common clearing system for all CEESEG stock exchanges will be established in due course.
- Harmonization of market segments
- Harmonization of general terms and conditions of business